Friday, August 25, 2017

A.M. Rose

Featured Author


Pen name
A.M. Rose

What is your genre?
Young Adult

Tell us about yourself.
A.M. Rose is the writer of young adult novels, drinker of too much coffee (with way too much coconut creamer), and lover of all carbohydrates. Currently, she lives in Houston, TX with her three boys (yes, her husband is in that count) and three cats. When she isn’t writing, she is an avid reader, literary agent intern, critiquer, (is that even a word?) and trampoline enthusiast. She is a graduate from San Diego State University with a BA in Communication and a minor in underwater basket weaving. (Okay, maybe not the basket weaving part.)

What is the title of your first published work?
Road to Eugenica - coming November 2017

What gives you inspiration to write?
Wow, that’s a tough question. I guess I write because I have to. I’ve always had stories floating around inside my head, but it wasn’t until a few years ago that I actually started writing them down. I love being able to create and explore new worlds, and live vicariously through my characters. Writing is really turning nothing into something. It’s the closest I will ever get to performing magic, or having a superpower.

What advice would you give an author who is uncertain about their future in the literature world?
The literary world is so subjective. I know this saying is thrown around a lot, but since I’ve been working as a literary agent intern I’ve really gotten to understand what that means. I don’t think anyone can tell their future in the literary world. I’m sure J.K. Rowling didn’t ever expect to have multiple theme parks based off her books when she first sat down to write Harry Potter.

So my advice would be write because you have to. Because it’s the thing that makes you happy. Some people will love you and what you write, and others won’t. That’s the nature of being an artist. It’s like my aunt always says, “If everyone liked the same thing, we’d only have vanilla ice cream, and how boring would that be?”

Link to your Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/A.M.RoseAuthor/

Link to your website
www.amroseauthor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment