Thursday, July 6, 2017

Helen Vivienne Fletcher

Featured Author
Helen Vivienne Fletcher

Pen name
Helen Vivienne Fletcher

What is your genre?
Young Adult

Tell us about yourself.
I'm a children's author, spoken word poet, playwright and creative writing tutor from New Zealand. I've worked in many seemingly unrelated jobs, doing everything from theater stage management to phone counselling. While I don't work in most of those fields anymore, I've learnt something from everything I've done, and use the skills daily in my writing. I discovered my passion for writing for children and young people while working as a youth support worker, and I now help young people find their passion for storytelling through my business teaching creative writing classes. Most of all I just love telling stories, and I'm always excited when people want to read or hear them.

What is the title of your first published work?
Aunt Kelly's Dog (picture book)

What is the title your last published work?

What gives you inspiration to write?
I have a pretty bad sleep disorder, which leads to some very weird dreams. The upside to this is it gives me many interesting ideas to write about!

What advice would you give an author who is uncertain about their future in the literature world?
If you love writing, keep doing it. The rest will fall into place.

Link to your Amazon Page

Link to your Facebook Page

Link to your website

Link to your blog



No comments:

Post a Comment